My son is obsessed with calzones. He just doesn’t get the impracticality of making them for lunch when you have to make the dough, wait for it to rise, then bake them. Calzones really are quite simple but it just isn’t efficient to make for lunch. I had pitas I was planning to use for another idea but suggested these quick and easy Pita Pizza Melts for a fun lunch. Then make Peanut Butter S’More Grahams for dessert.
Pita Pizza Melts
- Open pitas on the seam, about 2/3 way around the pita.
- Add 2 slices or a handful of shredded mozzarella.
- Add 3-4 slices pepperoni from the deli or more if you are using small pepperoni.
- Heat until slightly crispy – using a panini press or in a frying pan with another pan put on top to weight it down. Takes about 3 minutes each side on medium high in pan.
- Slice in quarters and serve with sauce.
More Kids Cook Recipes You’ll Love