Trail Mix Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Rolled oats
- Mini pretzels
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Lightly beat egg, then add milk, butter, and egg to flour mixture.
- Stir in until all ingredients are just moistened.
- Mix in sunflower seeds and chocolate chips.
- Grease or put liners in muffin tin.
- Fill each tin approximately 2/3 full.
- Lightly push 4 marshmallows into top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon rolled oats on top.
- Press a mini pretzel into center of muffin.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until muffin top springs back when gently pressed or toothpick comes out dry.