Delicious nut-free pesto recipe that is hearty with kale and full of flavor from the basil and garlic that it’s made with. Easy to adapt to make dairy allergy-friendly also.
- 2 cups kale – washed and pulled off the stem
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh basil
- 1/4 cup hempseed (can skip or swap for another seed or nut)
- 1/4 cup pecorino or parmesan (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 TBS oil – olive or hempseed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Throw kale, basil, and garlic in the food processor or blender and process until fine – not liquid. Add oil, and mix just until blended. Add salt, hempseed and cheese and mix all together.
- Refrigerate until using.
Keywords: pesto, nut-free pesto recipe