This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BDayOnBudget #CollectiveBias
My middle child is turning TEN and that deserves a birthday party of some sort. However, here’s how my mental dialogue went.
What boy (and oftentimes girl too!) doesn’t love super heroes? My boys are all about educating me on the newest MARVEL Avengers information out there even though they’ve never seen the movies. I think they forget I have seen them! They can talk super heroes all day long, so when I heard that MARVEL-branded party supplies by American Greetings were at Walmart, I knew exactly what his party theme would be. I think that’s much better than the only other theme I had in mind. You know, the theme from his 5th birthday. I know. Maybe I can be the super hero(ine) now. Either way, I think this will be the best birthday party EVER – for him AND me.
Children’s Birthday Party with Less Stress
Here are EIGHT ways to have a children’s birthday party with less stress.
- PLAN every detail but KEEP IT SIMPLE.
- CREATE a checklist to keep yourself focused.
- DESIGN the party with the birthday boy’s/girl’s likes in mind.
- HAVE a party flow that makes sense and keeps things going without over-stimulating guests.
- SET UP everything for easy clean up. (No. We aren’t using lace tablecloths for a child’s birthday party. )
- MAKE it hands on.
- PLAN clean up ahead of time.
- CLEAN UP in under 20 minutes.
Children’s Birthday Party with Less Mess
Since my almost 10 year old is an ultimate foodie, I knew there was no better way to host this party than to have our guests be part of the food prep, and since almost every child loves pizza, we are having an epic make your own pizza bar. I know. Mess. I’ll tell you how to minimize that. Here are 4 ways to have a children’s birthday party with less mess with my party plan.
1. Guests arrive and are welcomed to the craft station. Here is where they are going to put their own favors together and create a fun craft to take home. Yes. I know. The mess. But wait! A MARVEL Avengers table cover and painter’s tape will make floor clean up a breeze. You just wait and see. (30 minutes)
2. Guests make their own pizza at the homemade pizza bar. Oh, another mess? Yes. A bit of one, but we’re going to need to sweep the floor anyway and with me overseeing the topping process and putting their toppings on a plate for them to create their own pizza, we’re going to cut down on that mess too. (45 minutes – create, bake, eat)
3. Design your own cupcake. My friends, we ALL know that when children, cake, and frosting collide we do tend to have a mess on our hands. This mess will be unavoidable but we are going to do the best we can. If we can keep the clothes clean I will consider this party a success. That craft they created? They were design your own super hero t-shirts they can use to cover up the good clothes. If someone is afraid they will ruin it, we have trash bag aprons as back up. (15 minutes)
4. Free play time. We will have MARVEL Avengers figures and those popular building toys children this age love to play with. I have a big sheet they will be dumped on so when the party is done we can gather up the edges and dump them back in the bin. (until parents come)
Make your Own Pizza Bar with Less Stress
1. Buy pre-cut toppings or prep them the day before, putting them in baggies or small bowls/containers.
2. Buy or make your pizza dough the day before.
3. Set all the toppings out and have the children file through with a plate. Put a ball of dough on their plate and then servings of whatever toppings they wish.
4. Put pizza in the oven but have a small party game to play in between. Keep it light and fun and offer small prizes (I let them pick from a basket with things like pencils, eraser toppers, and stickers.)
5. Clear toppings off the table while pizzas finish baking, consolidating salad type ingredients into one bowl for an easy lunch salad. You know you’re going to be hungry when your guests leave.
6. Have children sit at the table to eat their pizzas.
What is YOUR favorite birthday party memory?
Where can you find these Super Hero Supplies? Walmart carries the MARVEL Avengers themed party supplies by American Greetings in the party Celebrations aisle.