So now that you know where to get coupons, what do you do with them all? If you are anything like me you print out a coupon or find a really good one and then… LOSE IT, only to find it the day after it expired. Totally worth nothing that way. There are many ways to organize your coupons to maximize your savings.
How to Organize Coupons to Use Them
- Binder Pages Method – I bought a Case it Binder (3″) and baseball/magic card holders. The binder zips shut and is all fancy now with a zippered pocket inside, small zippered pocket outside, and accordion folder section inside. I used the outside pocket to stash a coupon quickly. I just need to remember to go through and put it back where it belongs as I have a minute or I forget. PRO: Everything is organized by section and easy to find in store. CON: Large and heavy
- Expanding File – hold coupon booklets, fliers, notes, grocery lists. These are handy but a pain to haul with you, especially if you have to clip as you shop. I used one section for: a small notebook, pen, small scissors, and set aside coupons I knew I would be using. PRO: Easy to use. CON: Large to carry around.
- Envelopes – Some people clip and put coupons by category in envelopes that they haul with them to the store. I tried. I did not like it. The envelopes get ragged, plus I was flipping through envelopes and then going through stacks of coupons in the store – very frustrating. If you are going to be a small time couponer it may be a good system for you.
- Hanging file – some people organize their fliers by date then when they are planning their shopping list they go to online coupon databases, find the coupon there then go to their filing system and pull and clip to go. PRO: Great organization at home. CON: Still need something to take with you.
- Coupon Clutches – There are fancy coupon clutches out there that you can buy if you want to look super styling too. PRO: Pretty and designed to make couponing easier. CON: More money out.
No matter what method you choose or if you use 2 coupons a week or 100, you HAVE to be organized. When you aren’t organized you lose your savings potential.
Task for How to Organize Coupons
For this week, figure out how you want to organize your coupons. Pick up a flier and start saving!!!
Do you already have a way you love to organize your coupons? Give us the dish in the comments below.