When my friend Colleen of Souffle Bombay and I cooked up this idea to host an Easter Basket giveaway (at the bottom of the post) for adults with a round up of posts that are #AllThingsEaster, I’m not quite sure we envisioned it being quite so spectacular. In the end we added another 26 bloggers and their posts to make this your go-to for Easter. Since one of my favorite “Easter foods” is Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs, I wanted to share a recipe for them with you.
Oh the chocolatey peanut butter goodness of chocolate covered peanut butter cups. My favorite is dark chocolate but milk chocolate is good too, and things are always better in three’s so I threw in a few white chocolate covered for good measure. Divine Chocolate, one of our giveaway sponsors, sent me some of my favorite chocolate to dip these beauties in and it was so so tempting to lick the bowl, and my fingers, and the fork, but I restrained myself.
In the spirit of making my own Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs I sampled store bought peanut butter eggs. When did they start to taste so bad? Or have my taste buds gotten pickier? What a waste of my money! Homemade are so much better. For the sake of easiness I used store bought creamy peanut butter but next time, oh next time I am using my homemade peanut butter. That will truly be amazing.Print
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs
- 1 – 16 ounce container creamy peanut butter (all natural with just peanuts will not work)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup white or raw sugar (I prefer raw)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Baking chocolate for dipping eggs in
- Melt butter and dissolve white/raw sugar and water in medium sauce pan.
- Add peanut butter and 1 cup powdered sugar and heat, stirring often, until bubbly.
- Take pan off heat and mix in remaining powdered sugar.
- Cool mixture in refrigerator until solid, at least 1 hour.
- Shape peanut butter mixture into 1 – 2 inch balls, then shape into egg shape.
- Freeze on wax or parchment paper for at least 30 minutes. (Don’t skip this step as the chocolate doesn’t harden as quickly or beautifully on the eggs without it.)
- Melt chocolate. Dip eggs into chocolate, coating thoroughly, then set on a cookie rack that has been placed on a cookie sheet or paper to catch the drips.
- Serve and enjoy!
Made 27 1-2 inch Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs or 24 1-2 inch with 1 3 inch egg.
Ideas for Leftover Easter Eggs
Easter Breakfast Recipe Ideas
Easter Dinner Recipe Ideas
Easter Dessert Recipe Ideas
Easter Cocktail Recipe Ideas
Easter Decorating Ideas
Easter Gift Ideas
Frugal Easter Basket Ideas & Menu
We would like to give a huge thank you to the companies that made this give away possible. Thank you to John Boos for the beautiful maple cutting board, The Spice House for their spice and baking gift sets, Divine Chocolate for their luxuriously rich Fair Trade Chocolate gift basket, Wilton Armetale for the elegant egg plate, and Tree Hut for the body scrub and lotion.