Super easy homemade roasted cauliflower soup recipe.Print
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut cauliflower into 1-inch flowerets.
- In a large baking pan, toss cauliflower, garlic, and onion with oil to coat.
- Roast about 20 minutes or until vegetables are golden, turning vegetables halfway through.
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, the roasted vegetables and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes/until cauliflower is tender.
- Blend half of the soup and mix back into the pan.
- Garnish with parmesan and parsley if desired.
Throw in these biscuits freshly made or frozen and you have a meal.
Since I have all the ingredients for biscuits this meal cost me $4.03.
If I used the biscuits I have in the fridge from the Acme deal a few weeks back I would have spent $4.92.
I may add in some fresh fruit or veggies which will only add $1 to the meal – grapes were $0.99# or baby carrots were $1 per lb. At most this meal will cost me $5.03.