A touch of honey adds a warm caramel note to this easy veggie side dish. Honey Roasted Carrots can be pulled together in minutes, making it the perfect side for busy nights.
- 1 lb. carrots (baby carrots or carrots cut into sticks)
- 2 TBS. oil, divided
- 1 TBS. honey
- 1/2–1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F and grease large cookie sheet with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Put carrots in a bag or bowl then drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil and honey over and toss together until lightly coated.
- Spread on baking tray then sprinkle salt and pepper over top.
- Bake 10 minutes, then turn. Bake another 10 minutes and check for preferred doneness. If they aren’t quite as soft as you’d like, roast another 5-10 minutes. Baby carrots will take a little longer than carrot sticks.
Note: 6 baby carrots is the equivalent of a 1/2 cup serving of vegetables per the USDA.