Honey Roasted Carrots are an easy veggie side dish for any night of the week.
Life’s busy. Who has time to spend hours in the kitchen? I know I don’t, and I’m sure you don’t either. Roasting veggies is a great way to get a healthy veggie side dish on the table without having to do a ton of work. And roasting carrots is one of the EASIEST. Seriously, if you are really tight on time simply buy a bag of baby carrots if you want to be done in no time.
I like to use full-sized carrots because they’re cheaper and the beauty of them is that you can prep them ahead for the week then toss them with oil, honey, salt, and pepper then throw them in the oven. While they roast you can prep the rest of dinner or spend some time with the kids.
You can also roast up a batch when you prep produce for the week and reheat them later in the week or serve them cold. They’re still delicious reheated and work great as an easy lunch. Then, if you want to take the flavor profile up a notch, give these Buttery Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots a try.
Be sure to check out this article on how to oven roast veggies using whatever vegetables and seasonings you have on hand.
Honey Roasted Carrots
A touch of honey adds a warm caramel note to this easy veggie side dish. Honey Roasted Carrots can be pulled together in minutes, making it the perfect side for busy nights.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 lb. carrots (baby carrots or carrots cut into sticks)
- 2 TBS. oil, divided
- 1 TBS. honey
- 1/2–1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F and grease large cookie sheet with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Put carrots in a bag or bowl then drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil and honey over and toss together until lightly coated.
- Spread on baking tray then sprinkle salt and pepper over top.
- Bake 10 minutes, then turn. Bake another 10 minutes and check for preferred doneness. If they aren’t quite as soft as you’d like, roast another 5-10 minutes. Baby carrots will take a little longer than carrot sticks.
Note: 6 baby carrots is the equivalent of a 1/2 cup serving of vegetables per the USDA.
More Easy Veggie Side Dishes
This post was originally published January 6, 2013 and was republished on March 24, 2019.