Be prepared for THE.ULTIMATE.PIZZA. If you are looking for homemade pizza recipes, then this one needs to make its way to your recipe box. Steak and Mushroom Melt Pizza is everything a beef lover needs in a pizza – high quality beef, freshly sautéd mushrooms and onions, and ooey gooey mozzarella, all piled on top of a hearty crust.
One of the “special dinners” my family gets loud and noisy about every time we announce it is pizza night. Most nights we don’t grab a menu and figure out what we are ordering or call a number we’ve memorized long ago. We get the pizza crust started in the KitchenAid mixer while we figure out what toppings we have on hand. We don’t even have to pull up our homemade pizza crust recipe anymore since we have made it so many times.
Homemade pizza isn’t always cheaper than ordering out but it is usually healthier. If you aren’t quite ready to dive into making your own pizza crust that’s okay. You’ll get there. For now you can grab premade pizza dough at the grocery store. My favorite is Trader Joe’s pizza dough. I love to buy a few and throw them in the freezer so I have them on hand if I don’t feel like making my own or pull out one of our premade frozen pizza crusts.
I’ve been thinking of a steak and mushroom melt styled pizza and since we had all the ingredients on hand, including mushrooms that needed used up, this was the night. My husband stood by and watched me pile everything on top of the crust and proclaimed it the ultimate pizza.
1 pound of chip steak, 8 ounces of mushrooms, and 2 onions, all topped with ooey gooey mozzarella? Oh yes, steak and mushroom melt pizza is THE.ULTIMATE.PIZZA.
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 pound chip steak
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 2 medium onions/ 1 cup onion
- 8 ounces mozzarella
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Preheat frying pan with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and onions and add to frying pan.
- In separate frying pan, brown chip steak.
- Sauté mushrooms and onions until slightly caramelized.
- Grease baking sheet or use pizza stone.
- Spread dough onto baking pan.
- Cover crust almost to edges with sauce.
- Spread meat across top of sauce.
- Spread mushroom and onions over top of meat.
- Top with cheese.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until cheese is golden brown
What’s topping your pizza?
Real: The Kitchen and Beyond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.