- 8 and 1/2 cups / 28 oz. rolled oats (quick or regular)
- 1 cup / 9 oz. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup / 5 oz. raw sunflower seeds
- 2 and 1/2 cup / 3.5 oz. wheat bran flakes or wheat germ (can be skipped if you wish)
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 cup / 1.5 oz. carob or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup / 4.5 oz. raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Grease a large cookie sheet with sides or 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix dry ingredients except raisins.
- Mix honey, water, and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Oven: Spread layer of granola approximately 1 inch thick in pan.
- Bake 30 approximately 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes so the edges don’t burn.
- This batch will make a few trays. You can put two trays in at a time but the bottom tray will need stirred more frequently to keep from burning if your oven coils or gas burner is on the bottom.
- Acti-fry: Fill Acti-fry pan about 1/2 full and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- As soon as granola comes out of oven or pan, mix in raisins.