Homemade granola is one of my husband and kids’ favorite things to have for a quick breakfast. It gives them a heartier breakfast without a lot of work. We have several different homemade granola recipes but this chocolate and cranberry recipe is my daughter’s favorite.
Homemade granola isn’t quite so quick and easy as buying a box of cereal at the grocery store but I love knowing what is in my cereal. Making my own ensures quality ingredients without as much junk. It’s worth the 20-25 minutes of oven time.
We have been making our (self) tested and approved granola for a few years now but sometimes the same old thing gets a little boring. My favorite homemade granola recipe is this Cherry Vanilla Granola, and now we have Chocolate Cranberry Granola to change things up some more. You know everything is always better with chocolate and with just a few chocolate chips we’ve changed regular granola into THAT cereal the kids want every time they see it in the grocery store. I have my mind set on an apricot granola recipe next. Just you wait for that one.
If you haven’t made homemade granola before, any of these recipes are a great place to start. Granola has simple ingredients that you likely already have in your cabinet and it takes just a bit of time to mix up and bake. I like using parchment paper so I don’t even have to clean the tray afterward. How is that for easy? Let’s get baking the ‘cook easy’ way.Print
- 4 cups rolled oats (regular or quick)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or cover with parchment paper.
- Combine water and honey and mix until honey is dissolved.
- Put oats in bowl.
- Mix in honey water, cranberries, and chocolate until mixed and crumbly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes for quick oats and every 7 minutes for rolled oats.
- NOTE: Quick oats may be done in 15-20 minutes.