- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped**
- 1/4 cup onion, cooked until completely soft**
- 1 clove garlic, diced and cooked until completely soft**
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt to taste (low salt – 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put chicken, onion, and garlic into a stockpot.
- Mix cornstarch into the chicken mixture.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Turn stove on to medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup milk and stir into mixture.
- Continue stirring until liquid is full incorporated.
- Add 1 cup milk and stir in until bubbly.
- Continue stirring, adding 1 cup milk as chicken mixture gets thick.
- When all of milk is added, continue stirring over medium heat until thick.
- **NOTE: You can use the ingredients individually or you can also use rotisserie chicken. Just be mindful how much salt you add. However, my preferred way of creating this base is to slow cook a whole chicken with 1 medium onion and 6 cloves of garlic overnight. This creates the perfect flavoring when you add in a little of the onion and garlic.