Condensed Cream of Celery Soup
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 quart/3- 10.5 oz. store bought cans 1x
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups finely chopped celery (appr. 7 stalks)
- 4 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in large frying pan or stock pot over medium high heat.
- While butter is melting, finely chop celery.
- Add celery, salt, and pepper and cook until soft, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- When celery is soft, whisk in cornstarch.
- Add 1 cup milk at a time, whisking constantly until thick.
- Refrigerate until using. Keeps in refrigerator 3-5 days.
- This last part takes about 5 minutes and the soup will have a thick soup-like texture. As it cools it will thicken up more.
- Use 1 ¼ cups of homemade cream of celery soup per 10.5 ounce called for in recipes.