- Single or double pie crust (premade or use this simple pie crust recipe)
- 8–9 medium-sized tart apples, peeled and sliced thin (slice top to bottom in wedges) to fill a pie pan to heaping over.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 TBS. ground cinnamon
- 1 TBS. flour
- 1 TBS. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll and put pie crust in 8-9 inch pie plate.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and flour together then toss with sliced and peeled apples.
- Pile apples into the pie crust and move around to fill the pie pan as evenly as possible. You want it to be a bit heaped up as the pie sinks as it bakes.
- Splash milk and vanilla evenly over top of the pie.
- Dot top with 2 tablespoons butter cut into small pieces.
- Cover with a top crust or crumb topping.
- Poke some holes in the crust to vent steam as it bakes then bake for approximately 45 minutes. I usually check it after 35 minutes to see if the apples are soft.
- If crust starts browning too rapidly, loosely cover with foil until it is finished.