Happy Holidays and #SeasonedGreetings from Real: The Kitchen and Beyond and #CollectiveBias. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Goodbye boring, hello SMOKIN’! Thanksgiving has passed, and if you are like me, you stashed some of that leftover turkey in the freezer for a rainy day. You can always go buy some deli meat turkey – the good kind – and use that if you don’t have a secret turkey stash. If you are looking for holiday party recipes, we have the perfect one for this time of year. Tabasco and I are taking leftover turkey sandwiches to a whole new level. We are turning Thanksgiving leftovers into a perfect holiday party appetizer.
If you must know, my eyes lit up when I saw that Tabasco has some new sauces. We all know that bottle with orange sauce and a red cap, right? It’s iconic for Tabasco. Kiss those classic thoughts goodbye. There’s a new Tabasco in town and it’s named Chipotle. The instant I heard chipotle I thought of my current obsession – cranberries. I just knew the smoky heat of the chipotle sauce would be perfection with a sweet cranberry jam and was I ever right. I checked several stores before I found it at my local Walmart Super Center.
I am so in love with this Tabasco Chipotle Sauce. While Tabasco has traditionally been considered a hot sauce, it doesn’t just add some heat, it adds FLAVOR, and Tabasco Chipotle adds a smoky heat that not only pairs well with leftover turkey and cranberry jam for turkey sandwiches, but will also make a killer buffalo salmon on my new grill. I cannot lie, I made a little chipotle mayo to go on the side and couldn’t stop tasting it. It is so addicting.
My mouth is watering for more already. Check out more great holiday party recipes and ways you can use Tabasco Sauces to make your holiday party a #SeasonedGreetings party.Print
- 1/4 pound turkey breast – leftover turkey or lunch meat
- 12 mini rolls
- Chipotle Cranberry Sauce (recipe below)
- Few slices Smoked Gouda (not aged), Jarlsberg Cheese, or 2 ounces Brie
- Optional Chipotle Mayonnaise (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Open rolls and put turkey on each roll.
- Add a teaspoon of Chipotle Cranberry Sauce.
- Top with sliver of cheese.
- Put top of roll on and put in oven for 7 minutes.
- Serve with Chipotle Mayo.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- Cook all ingredients over medium heat, stirring often, until thick.
- Takes approximately 7 minutes.
Chipotle Mayo Directions:
- Mix together 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon Tabasco Chipotle Sauce.