- 4 medium-large potatoes
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large bell pepper
- 2 TBS. butter or 1 TBS. oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste. Remember ham is salty)
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Melt butter or heat oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Cube potatoes and add to pan. (I like to cut them really small so they cook faster and stretch farther.)
- While potatoes are starting to soften, mince onion and dice bell pepper.
- Add peppers and onions to the pan.
- Cook until vegetables are just soft.
- Add ham and heat cook, heating through and crisping up edges of potatoes.