I’m sure we’ve all heard the story of Green Eggs and Ham, right? These green eggs are healthier than the green eggs you might be seeing for St. Patrick’s Day like I have.
Lately I’ve been seeing way too many pictures of green food coloring scrambled eggs floating around the internet. In all honesty, they look disgusting and who really needs more green dye in our bodies?
We have so many healthy and vibrantly green veggies that can do the job for us so let’s make our own trendy green eggs without the junk.Print
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Eggs
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 lb. young asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces (you could substitute with broccoli)
- 2 handfuls spinach, chopped
- 3 green onions, I slice the bulbs really thin and use them
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add spinach, green onion, and asparagus. Saute until soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs and sour cream together.
- Pour over greens and cook, constantly turning over until eggs are just dry.
I served them with Too Sweet to be a Scone.