Sausage Sandwiches with Spicy Red Pepper Cream Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 cups roasted peppers, pureed – I used 6 Rustico sweet longs and 3 Hot Shots (jalapeno, chile, and habanero)
- 1 roasted shallot
- 1 clove roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground sausage
- Set oven to broil.
- Slice sweet long peppers in half and remove seeds.
- Slice hot shots in half and leave seeded.
- Slice shallot into thick slices.
- Cut garlic in half.
- Arrange all vegetables on a broiler safe cookie sheet, peppers cut side down.
- Broil for 10 minutes.
- Pull from oven and let cool until you can handle them
- Remove pepper skins.
- Puree all roasted vegetables.
- Mix in salt.
- Add cream and stir together.
- Fry the sausage.
- Mix sausage and sauce together, heat through a couple minutes then serve as desired.