This recipe is included in the Pennsylvania Dutch Tastes Like Home Sweepstakes. You can VOTE HERE once a day. Each entry gives you an entry to the $250 gift card prize. Voting is December 2, 2013 – January 1, 2014.
When I was asked to create a recipe using Pennsylvania Dutch Noodles with a holiday theme there was no question about what I wanted to make – Gorgonzola Beef Stroganoff. I actually grew up “Pennsylvania Dutch” and this brand’s label is a very familiar memory not only from growing up but also in my own young family’s home. I love creating family traditions and one of our traditions is that no matter where we are for Christmas Day, Christmas Eve is “just for us”.
Every Christmas Eve we go to a Christmas Eve service at our church. Afterward we drive through several neighborhoods, looking at the lights, and stopping at one specific house that syncs their lights to music. They don’t have some knock it out of the park display but it’s fun and quiet with no crowds. When we get home we eat homemade ice cream. There is nothing better than it being all shivery cold outside then coming in for rich homemade ice cream. However, because of the dinnertime service we often don’t get to eat more than a cobbled together meal. I had started planning ahead so we could have a nice hot meal before indulging in ice cream and this is where my Gorgonzola Beef Stroganoff comes in.
It’s easy to make ahead and serve up in no time. Rich creamy gorgonzola, the woodsy pungent flavor of portabella mushrooms, hearty beef, and our favorite Pennsylvania Dutch egg noodles all combined into one easy dish are fit for a Christmas Eve tradition. This Christmas season I’m giving you a peek into our traditions and sharing my recipe with you. Try it. You know you want to. While you’re here, I would love it if you would head over and vote for me in the Pennsylvania Dutch Tastes Like Home Sweepstakes (Once there click on sweepstakes). Each time you vote you are entered to win $250.Print
Gorgonzola Beef Stroganoff
Rich creamy gorgonzola, the woodsy pungent flavor of portabella mushrooms, hearty beef, and our favorite Pennsylvania Dutch egg noodles all combined into one easy dish are fit for a Christmas Eve tradition. ~ www.realthekitchenandbeyond.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 – 16 oz. bag of Pennsylvania Dutch Wide Egg Noodles
- 1 pound beef – beef cubes, sirloin or ribeye – cut into half inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut in fourths and sliced thin
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced into 1–2 inch, very thin slivers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- Pepper & Salt to taste
- Oil ( approximately 1 tablespoon)
- Boil water and cook noodles per directions on bag, cooking noodles until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, add oil to frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic and saute for approximately 5 minutes.
- Turn stove down to low/medium. (Don’t cook on too high a heat so it retains some liquid.)
- Add cubed beef to the frying pan and fry until just cooked through.
- Add heavy cream, sour cream, gorgonzola, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly so it doesn’t cook to bottom of pan, until thickened – approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Mixture will still be slightly runny.
- Mix into noodles until well coated, and serve.
Recipe was created for Pennsylvania Dutch Noodles.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Pennsylvania Dutch Tastes Like Home Sweepstakes. The story is my own.