Stuffing is an integral part of any traditional Thanksgiving dinner but all too often it gets relegated to just that – Thanksgiving. I think we should put stuffing on menus all throughout the year, not all the time so it doesn’t lose its “specialness”, but maybe just a few times more would be great. The sad part is that many people who have had to go gluten-free miss out on the glorious side dish called stuffing. Worry no more. This gluten-free stuffing recipe will pass the taste bud inspection for gluten and gluten-free friends alike.
Gluten-free Sausage Cranberry Stuffing is fantastic for an any time of year comfort food and will be the perfect side for this year’s Thanksgiving feast. Surprise a gluten-free friend with the information that they can now eat a delicious AND gluten-free stuffing at your table. We tested a box of Glutino Gluten Free Stuffing (Cornbread) and used Pacific Organic Free Range Chicken Broth because it is gluten-free and uses simple organic ingredients.
- 1lb. sweet sausage (make sure it is gluten-free)
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 & 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 1 – 8 ounce gluten-free cornbread stuffing (I use glutino)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop cranberries and garlic.
- Saute bacon, onions, and garlic until just cooked through.
- Add sausage and cranberries.
- Cook until done.
- Transfer to 13 x 9 baking dish and make an even layer.
- Put cornbread mix in pan.
- Mix together both and eggs.
- Pour over cornbread mix and let set for 1 minute.
- Mix together until liquid is absorbed.
- Pour into baking dish and mix together with sausage and cranberry mixture.
- Pack stuffing down.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Take foil off and bake 10-15 minutes longer, or until stuffing reaches 165 degrees.
More Gluten-free Recipes that Impress
Pumpkin White Chocolate Mousse (just skip the tart)