- 10–12 oz. mixed spring greens or arugula
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 4 ears fresh corn/4 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced*
- 2 TBS. oil, divided in half
- 1 avocado
- 8 oz. (1/2 pint) grape tomatoes
- 1 lb. pre-cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons garlic sriracha seasoning*
- Toss greens with juice from 1/2 lemon and plate.
- If shrimp is frozen, thaw in running water.
- Cube avocado and set to side, squeezing just a bit of lemon juice over top.
- Wash grape tomatoes and set to side.
- Cut corn off cob. Heat frying pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon oil. add onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add corn and turn heat to high. Saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Add a dash of salt or garlic sriracha seasoning. Transfer corn mixture to another dish and return pan to stove.
- Turn burner down to medium high heat and add remaining oil. add shrimp to pan and sprinkle seasoning over top. Toss the pan or move shrimp around to coat with seasoning. Saute for 2-3 minutes then turn and saute another 1-2 minutes. You only need to heat the shrimp through. Be careful not to overcook or it will become tough.
- Top greens with corn, then add avocado and tomatoes. Top with shrimp and squeeze some more lemon juice over top.
*If you are lucky enough to get your hands on some smoked garlic, use it. You’ll love it.
*If you can’t find garlic sriracha seasoning, season shrimp with 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt then just before they are finished cooking, add 1 tablespoon sriracha and shake pan/stir to coat shrimp.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Seafood, Salad