Garlic Lime Chicken and Corn Tacos
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs
- 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Corn from 1 cob or 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese (or Monterey Jack if need be)
- 1/2 medium purple onion
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Mince garlic.
- Juice 2 limes.
- Put in slow cooker or Instant Pot with chicken.
- Add water.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over top (approximately 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper)
- Cook in slow cooker for 3-4 hours on low or in the Instant Pot for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Once oil is hot and shimmering add corn and lightly roast until slightly browned.
- Dice the onion.
- Chop the cilantro.
- Cut the 3rd lime into 8 wedges.
- Once chicken is done, shred with 2 forks.
- Cover the tortillas with a paper towel and warm in the microwave 1 minute or in the oven for several minutes.