Why do so many people love Caesar Salad so much? I know it is near the top of my favorite salads list. It’s amazing how so simple a salad can be so good. I think the secret to the best Caesar Salad is to use quality ingredients. It’s one of my favorite meals when I need a quick and easy meal because it takes under 30 minutes to pull together.
However, when I make Caesar Salad as a dinner entree it can be nice to make it “a little more” – a little more flavor, a little more hearty. Here is our favorite version of the Chicken Caesar Salad – Garlic Chicken Apple Caesar Salad. Have I told you I LOVE garlic? It’s a basic requirement for almost every savory dish in our house. I like to add the Caesar Dressing and croutons to each individual salad so I can better control the amount that ends up on each salad.Print
Garlic Chicken and Apple Caesar Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 large apple
- 1 head of romaine lettuce or 16 ounces spring mix salad
- Caesar Salad Dressing – I love the 365 Brand Organic Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Croutons (optional)
- Heat oil in medium saute.
- Cube chicken into 1 inch cubes, lightly salt and pepper.
- Mince garlic.
- Saute chicken and garlic until just done. Approximately 10 minutes.
- While chicken is frying, wash and cut lettuce.
- Dice apple.
- Plate lettuce.
- Top with chicken and apple.
- Add desired amount of Caesar salad dressing.
- Top with freshly shaved parmesan and croutons.
More Great Salads and Salad Dressings
Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes
Great Soup Recipes to Accompany
Drunken Goat Cream of Asparagus Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup