Be prepared. I have fresh cranberries on the brain. I am so in love with these little gems. Today is the kick off for about 50 million cranberry recipes. I exaggerate but I do have 4 fresh cranberry recipes about to make their debut and it all started with one key recipe, this quick and easy cranberry ginger jam.
Cranberry Ginger Jam has 3 simple ingredients. You read that right – THREE. It’s sweet. It’s tart. It’s amazing. Over the next few days I will have several more cranberry recipes, from a thanksgiving leftovers recipe-turkey cranberry flatbread, to Cranberry Ginger Crumble Bars for holiday baking, and they both utilize this simple recipe. Is that warning enough to double your batch?
First you need to make sure you grab an extra bag or two of cranberries. Or maybe 10, because cranberry season is so short and you will want this jam all year ’round. You may want to grab some of the new Gourmet Garden lightly dried ginger to make it even easier but you can also use fresh ginger.Print
- 1 – 12 ounce bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lightly dried ginger (Gourmet Garden) or 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- Chop cranberries in food processor or blender.
- Put all ingredients in medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir often.
- Heat until thickened and cranberries are softened.
- Approximately 15 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Makes approximately 2 cups.
- Category: jam recipes, cranberry recipes