Roasted Poblano Corn Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 6 cups corn (we used frozen, packed in ice)
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a soup pot.
- Dice your onion and garlic and add them to the heated oil, along with the salt and pepper.
- While the onion and garlic are softening, roast your poblanos over an open fire or under the broiler if cooking at home.
- Dice the poblanos and add them to the pot.
- Add the corn and stir, heating a few minutes.
- Stir in the milk and heat until bubbling around the edges.
- Take soup off heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve alone or over cornbread or pancakes.