I love recipes that look complicated and gourmet but are really quick and easy meals. Chicken thighs make a great and affordable meal for any day or as a special meal, like our Valentine’s Day meal this year. Chicken thighs caramelized in red wine have just a few ingredients and can be made in under 20 minutes. Who doesn’t have time for that?
You can use chicken thighs with the bone in if you want to be even more frugal but boneless chicken thighs are super quick and easy to cook up. I chose chicken thighs instead of chicken breast because the meat tends to have a richer flavor and stays tender and moist. You are going to love this chicken entree so much that you will want to make it all the time. My tip? Make sure you throw a few extra in the pan for leftovers. I know I’m making extra so I can have shredded chicken on tomorrow’s salad.Print
Chicken Thighs Caramelized in Red Wine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (I wanted 1 leftover for my husband’s lunch)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup red wine
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan on medium high.
- Lightly salt and pepper hte chicken thighs.
- Add chicken to pan.
- Cover and fry until crispy brown on one side, 3-5 minutes.
- Uncover and turn chicken over.
- Fry until crispy brown on second side, about 3 minutes longer. (Temp check: 165)
- Pour 1 cup of red wine over chicken.
- Cook down until thick glaze in pan. (There won’t be much left.)
- Turn chicken over for 30 seconds to collect all that savory rich red glaze.