If you are looking for easy breakfast recipes but tired of the same old breakfast, you need to try these black bean and egg quesadillas. Hearty and filling, they are easy to take on the go.
My kids are always hungry. Give them a bowl of cereal and they need a snack in an hour. I try to find other easy breakfast recipes that don’t slow us down in the morning but fill their stomachs up a little longer. One way I do this is to make sure they have protein with breakfast.
Throwing some black beans into the eggs adds a nice boost of flavor, fiber, and staying power while still keeping breakfast frugal. Plus the kids think quesadillas are the best thing ever so they don’t complain about the beans.
Today we were in a hurry so I only made a single batch of these breakfast quesadillas but next time I am going to double it and throw some in the freezer. Then they will be easy for my oldest to pop in the oven for a few minutes and free me up to do other things. However, this recipe is easy enough that he will be making them from scratch in no time.Print
- 4 tortillas
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup black beans
- Pinch of cilantro, dried or fresh
- Butter or oil
- Monterey Jack, cheddar, or Mexican cheese blend, approximately 1/4 cup
- Heat oil or butter in pan.
- Add black beans and cilantro.
- Heath through.
- Beat eggs, then add to pan.
- Warm tortillas.
- Shred cheese over warmed tortillas.
- Add 1/4 the eggs to the center of each tortilla.
- Fold tortilla over itself and press closed.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes