You can add a little spice to your party appetizers with this 3 pepper shrimp while still keeping it a quick easy homemade recipe.
It also doesn’t hurt that this spicy shrimp recipe is a little healthier. Nothing like keeping momentum going with New Year’s resolutions for healthier eating and making an appetizer that’s perfect for game day parties without the grease that most fried appetizers bring with them.
While deep fried appetizers star in game day parties, spicy shrimp is such a hit no one will even realize it’s missing the grease factor. In fact, they are such a hit that I made them twice in as many weeks.
I start with frozen peeled and deveined shrimp to make prep time quicker and easier but you can also use fresh shrimp. Just add some extra time for prep and cooking. You can also easily adapt this recipe if you need more or less.Print
3 Pepper Shrimp
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- 2 pounds shrimp, (precooked, peeled, and deveined)
- 3 tablespoons ground red pepper
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Thaw shrimp in the refrigerator for several hours then drain it.
- Mix spices together.
- Toss shrimp with spices.
- Spread in single layer on baking sheet.
- Broil for approximately 5 minutes, until shrimp is heated through.
More Shrimp Recipes