Welcome to another Fabulously Frugal Thursday. Today is all about being fabulously fashionable on a frugal budget-dress for less. I love clothes. My budget doesn’t love clothes and my wardrobe is feeling the strain. There should be an outfit for every occasion in my closet but right now there isn’t. The last few weeks I have been on the search for inexpensive ways to fill my wardrobe.
I know the tricks – Plato’s Closet, Ross, T J Maxx, store clearance, and Goodwill but I always find myself falling back on yet another black shirt and ending up with nothing colorful, nothing that pops and lots of things that fit me so-so. It doesn’t have to be that way. Here are my new tips to dress for less.
- Don’t shop “desperate”. Buy BEFORE you need.
- Don’t buy if you aren’t absolutely in love with the item just because you don’t want to leave empty handed 2 hours later.
- Assess the fit and make sure it really is perfect. Even if you have to try it on several times to make sure.
- What do you have to go with it? Do you have accessories to match?
- How many things do youalready have in the color?
- Read labels. You never know what brand treasure you will find for a steal.
Here are my recent finds –
Fei shirt – New with tags ($78), priced at $14. I had a $5 coupon and paid $9.
Lithe (Anthropologie) -$4, Habitat for Humanity
Thank you for joining us for another Fabulously Frugal Thursday! Comment with your finds, link up with your frugal posts, and link back to share the love.