I don’t know about you but I HATE cleaning my microwave. I really do. It always seems like everything is so hard to get off. Plus they say not to spray cleaners in the microwave. You know, the ones that are supposed to get off tough messes? I have a super easy way to clean the microwave naturally!
How to Clean the Microwave in Easy Steps
- Fill a glass bowl half way with water
- Add lemon, orange or lime slices – I use citrus that is getting old, from glasses of water or iced tea, or baking
- Microwave for 4 minutes.
- Wipe down inside of microwave. If some stubborn spots remain, put bowl back in and microwave for 4 more minutes.
- After finished, pour water over microwave plate in sink and wipe down.
- Shine your sink with the lemon rinds.
- If you have a garbage disposal, run the lemon rinds through to give it a clean.
Honestly? IT’S THAT EASY!!! Plus it smells really nice.
To be even thriftier and (earth friendly) use a dish cloth or rag.
This is a post you want to pin AND try. It doesn’t get much easier or cheaper than this.