Have a favorite slow cooker that finally kicked the bucket? You don’t have to part ways with that trusty old friend anymore. Check out how you can upcycle your old slow cooker and make a DIY planter for your favorite herbs.
I’m not the queen bee of craftiness or DIY unless we’re talking food. However, when my favorite slow cooker broke I didn’t want to part with it. I am always a fan of eclectic decor and for whatever reason, my mind went straight to turning it into a DIY planter for an herb garden.
My husband thinks I’m nuts. That’s okay. He does have to live with me and I am a little crazy, but I think this one is brilliant. It’s the simple things in life, right? Here’s how you can make your own slow cooker planter in no time. Really – in 10 minutes.
How to Make a DIY Planter with a Slow Cooker
- Remove the electrical wiring. I just snipped the wires off as close to the base as possible.
- Put 1-2 inches of medium sized stones in the bottom of the slow cooker or slow cooker crock.
- Fill slow cooker with rich soil.
- Plant your favorite herb seeds.
- Set slow cooker in a sunny place and watch your plants grow.
- Put herbs in your favorite recipes.