I love bookstores. Ever since I could read I had my nose in a book. I could disappear into a book for hours, and every summer I devoured stacks and stacks of books. As I’ve gotten older and run out of time, I have missed reading so much. It’s really only been the last year that I truly just haven’t had time for my favorite pastime, so walking into Barnes and Noble for an event that was designed to give us a taste of what Barnes and Nobles has going on this Discovery Weekend (November 21-23, 2014) was like meeting up with an old friend. Rows and rows of glorious books and so much more. It truly was a night of discovery. Yes, this post is sponsored by Barnes and Noble.
I could buy the perfect gift for everyone on my list at Barnes and Noble. When did they become so diverse? Of course they still are known for their books. With sections for kids, teens, cooks, adults, classic, self help, and so much more you would be hard-pressed to walk out empty handed. However, there are also stocking stuffers, book themed blankets, games for adults, educational toys for kids, and vinyl records, just to name a few. Check out some of my sweet finds. I have my eye on a few things for Christmas.
This weekend kicks off the holiday season at Barnes and Noble with Discovery Weekend. I say go get your shopping out of the way before the holiday craze begins. That way you can enjoy Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, or whatever holidays you celebrate. Are you ready? Get those lists together and let’s get shopping. Oh, and stumped on a gift? Tweet Barnes and Noble with #BNGiftTip with your gift buying dilemma. They’ll respond with a recommendation.
Barnes and Noble Discovery Weekend Line-up
*Space and supplies are limited for all events. Please arrive early.
Friday (November 21)
- 7 PM: Get your game on. The weekend starts off with a Linkee Trivia Tournament.(Ages: 14+)
- 7:30PM-8:30 PM: Grab a S’Mores Cookie at the cafe for $1 while supplies last. They are yum!
***Buying recommendation: a cookbook for yourself. Here are the books that grabbed my attention and I really really really want the Smoke and Spice Cookbook.***
Saturday (November 22)
- 10 AM: Create with ArtFolds. You will learn how to transform a book or card into a piece of art. I am thinking it would be really cool to do this with a set of old encyclopedias. (Ages: 13+)
- 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM: Grab a S’Mores Cookie at the cafe for $1 while supplies last.
- 11 AM: Learn to draw like Mo Willems Storytime and Activity. Learn how to draw Pigeon with instructions created by this award wining author and illustrator. Sorry. Mo Willems will NOT be in the building. (Ages 4+)
- 1 PM: Puppet Making and Holiday Sing-Along – Make a puppet and sing favorite songs. (Ages: 4+)
- 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM: Grab a S’Mores Cookie at the cafe for $1 while supplies last.
- 7 PM: Holiday Fluxx Game Night – Stay on your game with the game whose rules keep on changing. (Ages: 12+)
- 7:30 – 8:30 PM: Grab a S’Mores Cookie at the cafe for $1 while supplies last.
***Buying recommendation: *SALE* Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK – 7″ – $149.99 or 10.1″ – $249.99***
***Buying recommendation: Buy a bookworm one of these cozy wordy blankets to curl up in this winter.***
Sunday (November 23)
- 1:00 PM: Snowmen at Night Storytime, Crafts, and Activities- What’s the secret nightlife of snowmen? Come discover. (Ages:4+)
- 2:30 – 3:30 PM: Grab a S’Mores Cookie at the cafe for $1 while supplies last.
***Buying recommendation: There is a book for every reader. Also, hit up the bargain books for some great stocking stuffer books. Priced right around $6, there is a book for almost every age.***
***Freebie Tip: Barnes and Noble offers FREE gift wrapping all year long, however, special groups will be doing gift wrapping with tips accepted for their charity.***