- 1 small butternut squash (appr. 4 cups butternut squash)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 –2 cups coconut milk – will depend on consistency you want and type of milk used
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half length wise and scoop out seeds.
- Place on baking tray.
- Dice garlic and onion.
- Divide them and put in the two hollows in the butternut squash.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil to each hollow.
- Tent aluminum foil over the butternut squash, sealing well around the edges.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Cool for a few minutes and scoop Butternut Squash, onion, and garlic into Blender.
- Add ground ginger and 1 cup coconut milk.
- Blend. Add more coconut milk until consistency you want.
- Heat on stove for 5-10 minutes.
If you want to change the flavor up a little bit, add a very small amount of rosemary. Just a hint or it will taste overpowering.
- Category: Soup