I love good and healthy soups in the fall and wintertime. I actually love soup anytime of year but usually my family only lets me squeeze it in once or twice in the summer. I especially enjoy making rich flavorful soups that are healthy and full of vegetables that add rich flavor, limiting the amount of salt I need to add. Cauliflower Soup is a hit with my whole family and so easy to make during this busy season.
I either throw everything into the slow cooker overnight or start it first thing in the morning. Either way, it makes dinner time such a breeze.
Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 head cauliflower, rough chopped
- 1 medium-large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups water
- Pinch of salt (I used smoked sea salt)
- Few grinds of the pepper shaker
- 4 oz. cheese – cheddar, monterey or colby – I use pepperjack
- 1/2 – 1 cup cream (opt.)