Cranberry Crumble Bars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 18 1x
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter*
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, sugar, and butter until you have a nice crumbly dough.
- Press into 8 x 10 or 9 x 9 dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. ( If your oven temp runs low you may need 30 minutes as I did in my old oven)
- Finely chop cranberries in a blender or food processor.
- Put cranberries, maple syrup, and ginger in a sauce pan.
- Cook on medium to high heat until thick, approximately 15 minutes.
- Take off burner and let set while mixing the topping.
- Mix together, oats, maple syrup, and butter until crumbly.
After bar is baked:
- Spread cranberry filling evenly over.
- Spread topping over cranberry filling.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until crumble top is lightly browned.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
- * I use salted or add 1/2 teaspoon salt. I recommend my favorite Kerrygold. It makes this buttery crust turn out the best! Please note using Kerrygold may also increase the baking time for the crust.