It’s fall and time to pull out the comfort food breakfast recipes. We eat oatmeal any time of year but when autumn hits in all its chilly splendor, and leaves are laying, brown and crunchy, I immediately pull out my Clementine Cranberry Baked Oatmeal recipe. My children inhale it and ask for more.
About a year ago I had been playing around with different baked oatmeal recipes and since the base for them is so simple I knew it would be easy to come up with my own flavors. Clementine Cranberry Baked Oatmeal is perfect for a Christmas morning breakfast. The best part is that you can mix it and stick it in the refrigerator overnight then just pop it in the oven for a hassle free breakfast. The results are so scrumptious you won’t believe how easy it is.
The first time you make it don’t change a thing. Not a single thing. It has a “just lightly sweet” taste so it still tastes healthy and a beautiful blend of subtle flavors. I personally believe every single ingredient in this recipe is important to the over all taste but if there is anything you MUST change, you can skip cream and use milk in place of the cream and water. For a dairy free option I would use a rich coconut milk or almond milk in place of the cream. You can also skip the ginger but it won’t be the same. The ginger adds a beautiful note that cannot be replaced. Whatever you do, do not change out the molasses. The molasses adds an integral moistness and flavor you will not get with regular sugar and gives it the rich brown “pop” when you serve it. Go on, try my Clementine Cranberry Baked Oatmeal. I dare you not to love it.Print
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquefied
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream (almond or coconut milk for dairy free. I would use the coconut milk from a can because it has a beautiful richness.)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 T diced crystallized ginger
- 1/4 c clementine juice (approximately 3 clementines – orange juice will give you a whole new dish)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix oats, cranberries, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Add molasses, eggs, coconut oil, cream, water and clementine juice.
- Mix well and bake in greased pie dish for 30 minutes.