Oh you don’t even want to know what happened to my most recent jar of cilantro shallot quick pickles! But I’m telling you anyway.
Once you have a taste of these pickled cilantro shallots your mouth will water every.single.time you think of them. For real. They’re amazingly tasty and amazingly easy.
But my last jar…oh that girl of mine is lucky she’s so cute. She was looking for something in the refrigerator when she came across the cilantro shallot pickles.
“Ooo, aaah, so pretty,” she said. The shallots turned the vinegar this beautiful light purple color and the cilantro leaves ‘popped’ beautifully against it. Then she continued pushing things around and knocked my best jar, full of those beauties onto the floor and shattered it.
Thank goodness she didn’t cut herself, but of course the pickles and the jar were history. We mourned for a moment then decided to make up another batch.Print
- 2 cups shallots, sliced thinly (approximately 9 shallots)
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt (I prefer sea salt)
- Mix shallots and cilantro together.
- Mix in salt.
- Pour vinegar over ingredients and mix well (or shake if put in a jar).
- Quick pickles can be used in approximately 2 hours, but keep in the refrigerator several weeks.
- Serve in tacos, burritos, salads, or over burgers.
- You can even half this recipe…or third it. Woohoo for easy recipes!
Want another easy homemade condiment recipe?
You NEED this recipe for Sweet and Spicy Chipotle Barbecue Sauce!