Chocolate Zucchini ‘Donuts’
- 2/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ½ cup butter
- 1/3 cup buttermilk ( I did ½ cream, ½ water and 1 tablespoon vinegar)
- 2/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup carob powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter, molasses, and sugar.
- Add buttermilk, yogurt, applesauce and zucchini.
- Continue to cream the mixture.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Bake in a donut pan or scoop like cookies (just bigger. More like 1/8 cup) onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle powder sugar or glaze over them and serve warm.