Cheesy Cauliflower Pasta Alfredo
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 2 – 16 ounce boxes pasta (regular or gluten-free)
- 4 cups cauliflower rice*
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch or flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces cheese
NOTE: If introducing cauliflower to a very picky family, I suggest starting with 1 cup as noted in my post.
- Boil water for pasta.
While water is coming to a boil:
- Rice cauliflower and measure out 4 cups (You may cook this through to soften before adding to cheesy alfredo sauce if you wish.)
- Melt butter in large frying pan or 4-6 quart pan over medium high heat.
- Whisk in cornstarch/flour, salt, and pepper.
- When thick and bubbly, add 1/2 cup milk, stirring constantly until well incorporated.
- After 2 cups have been added, stirring after each 1/2 cup addition, and mixture is thick, add cauliflower rice.
- Add remaining milk 1/2 cup at a time stirring over medium high heat until thick.
- Add 8 ounces grated cheddar, stirring in until melted.
- Toss with cooked and drained pasta.