Ham and Broccoli Egg Bake is such a hit in our house that we decided to try a few more egg bake combos. This cheesy cauliflower egg bake is an even bigger breakfast hit with the kids and that makes me happy. Kids eating veggies – check. Budget friendly healthy food – check. Easy homemade breakfast – check. Mom approved – check!
You can make this recipe ahead of time or the morning of. It takes about 30 minutes, including the time it takes to warm the oven up. I put a pie plate in the oven with the butter while I quickly chop up some cauliflower and onion. I also like to prep the veggies ahead of time to save a little more time. If the veggies are prepped I just put them in the oven with the unmelted butter and give them a stir before adding the cheese and eggs.
Once the cauliflower and onion are chopped, I add them to the pie plate to start cooking in the oven until it is preheated.
When the oven is preheated I pull the pie plate out, spread the cheese over top, then crack the eggs over everything.
Whisk the eggs into the vegetables and cheese and put it back in the oven for 15 minutes.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Adding veggies to eggs is a great way to add veggies to your kids’ diets & helps you stretch eggs a little farther.” quote=”Adding veggies to eggs is not only a great way to add a serving of veggies to your kids’ diets but it also helps you stretch those eggs a little farther.” theme=”style1″]Print
Cheesy Cauliflower Egg Bake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower (chop it fairly small for quicker cooking)
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Put pie plate in oven with butter and preheat oven to 375.
- As soon as cauliflower and onion is chopped, add them to the dish in the oven to start softening.
- When the oven is preheated (or about 10 minutes after the vegetables went in), pull the dish out.
- Sprinkle cheese across the top.
- Crack eggs into the dish.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over top.
- Use a fork and whisk all ingredients together.
- Bake 15 minutes.
Do egg bakes make your life easier? Share your favorite mix-ins with us.