Hi! I’m Carrie from Chockababy! I love to bake – but most of my baking is adjusted to reflect my daughter’s allergies to milk, egg, and peanuts. There are so many recipes I have learned to adapt and make safe for her. But this isn’t one of them! This recipe is for a delicious moist cupcake that tastes just like a Chai Tea latte. I’ve always loved Chai, but even those who don’t drink the delicious treat still have fallen in love with my Chai Tea Cupcakes, including my husband! I hope you enjoy them!Print
Chai Tea Cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 and 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brewed chai tea, cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup and 6-cup cupcake tin with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cardamom. I like to add a little extra cardamom since I love it so much!
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or large bowl), cream the butter and sugar together until light.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well between additions. Then add the vanilla!
- Blend in 1/3 of the flour mixture. Add in the tea, followed by half of the remaining flour mixture. Add the milk and then end with the remaining flour.
- Mix until all of the ingredients are combined. Fill the 18 cupcake cups with about 1/4 cup of batter in each.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes up clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
I like to use cream cheese frosting or buttercream on mine, but I think Heather’s recipe for Caramel Cream Cheese frosting would be amazing on these cupcakes!