Caprese Stuffed Tomatoes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 appetizers 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 12 cocktail tomatoes
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 12 fresh mozzarella balls (the minis)
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Wash tomatoes and cut top out of each one. Don’t cut straight across but rather down in like you are making a cup. Careful not to go so far you cut through the bottom of the tomato.
- Scoop a little bit of the tomato flesh out – just enough to pop a mozzarella ball in the indentation.
- Add a leaf of basil to the scooped out tomato, placing it at a diagonal about halfway in so some peeks out over the mozzarella once it’s filled.
- Place the mozzarella ball on top of the basil, pushing down gently so the mozzarella is wedged into the tomato.
- Just before serving, add a small squeeze of lemon and sprinkle on salt and pepper.