I love a good jam on my toast any morning but I usually keep it for special occasions. It’s hard to choose a favorite jam but home canned peach jam rates in my top 5 and it is so easy to make. Canning takes a little more time than grabbing a jar off the store shelf but the rewards are so tasty you will never want to go back to store bought. In fact, we haven’t gone back to store bought in the 3 years I have been canning my own jam.Print
Homemade Peach Jam
- 4 cups cut and mashed up peaches
- 1 cup unsweetened apple or white grape juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 – 1.75 oz. no sugar needed pectin
- 1/2 cup sugar (you can add more or less depending on taste)
- Prepare jars and rings. Wash in hot soapy water or put through dishwasher.
- Simmer seals in small pan on stove. Do not boil.
- Start heating water in water bath canner – enough water to cover jars plus 1-2 inches. Water will need to be boiling.
- Follow directions for cooking jam and canning, which are on the pectin box.
- After canning, let sit on counter 12-24 hours.
It’s easier to peel peaches if you blanch them before peeling. Put the whole peach in boiling water for up to 1 minute. Immediately place it in ice water to stop cooking process. Pull peels off.
PLEASE follow all safety directions when canning. Not all foods are able to be canned in a water canner safely. Some need to be canned in a pressure canner. Do not take my advice for professional advice as I am not a professional.