Brussels sprouts are a unique addition to breakfast. Change up an ordinary breakfast with this Brussels Sprouts and Onion Egg Bake.
Just the other week I spied a special display of Brussels sprouts on sale at a local grocery store. If you love Brussels sprouts as much as I do you know they have a limited season and aren’t readily available whenever you want them. I rejoiced to see them priced at $1.99/lb. because you know a little goes a long way and 1 pound is perfect.
Well, perfect unless your whole family loves roasted Brussels sprouts. I still feel like it’s a great deal as this fall favorite breaks down to $0.40 each person, but I definitely needed to buy extra because a little extra goes a long way – just a few shredded up add flavor to soups, stir fries, and egg dishes – like this super easy egg bake. It takes just 4-6 Brussels sprouts.
Brussels Sprouts and Onion Egg Bake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Brussels sprouts (appr. 4-6)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put butter in 9 x 9 or 9 x 10 baking dish then put in the oven while preheating.
- Shred Brussels sprouts.
- Dice red onion.
- When oven is preheated, pull pan from oven, tilt pan to spread melted butter across bottom.
- Put Brussels sprouts and onions in baking dish and toss gently to mix together.
- Crack eggs over vegetables then whisk in with a fork.
Looking for more easy homemade egg bakes that add more produce in your diet and are budget friendly?