What could be better than a homemade cherry limeade? A Bourbon Cherry Limeade – basically a cherry limeade with a splash of bourbon.
affiliate links below
If you don’t have my homemade cherry limeade recipe, make sure you grab it now. It’s perfect for a summer party and all day sipping for all ages, but this bourbon cherry limeade recipe is one for the adults.
If you’re looking to make a drink for a wide age group or beverage preferences, you can make a batch without the bourbon then add 1.5 ounces (3 tablespoons) of bourbon to those who want something a little extra.
The important thing here is that we use fresh ingredients – sweet cherries at the peak of the season (or frozen if need be because we do love this drink for every season) and freshly squeezed lime juice (sure you can use bottled but it doesn’t taste the same).
You can even get a little fancy and make garnishes with very little work. The trick to getting that garnish to sit on the edge of your cup instead of sinking to the bottom is to set the lime wedge over the lip. No need to fight with it. I tried it for you. (You’re welcome. LOL)
And by the way, I definitely recommend getting some copper mugs like these, but if you can’t, a glass will do. When you do buy your copper mugs make sure they aren’t nickel-lined. They’re cheaper but the taste difference is too.Print
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- Cherry Syrup (1 recipe as below)
- 3 cups water
- 9 ounces bourbon*
- Cherries and lime wedges for garnish
- 1 cup pitted sweet cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
To Make Cherry Syrup
- Blend cherries, sugar, and water.
- Heat in medium saucepan over medium/high heat until boiling.
- Boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Stir together cherry syrup, lime juice, water, and bourbon.
- Pour into copper mug filled 2/3 of the way with ice.
Choose a quality bourbon like my favorite Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Cocktails, drinks, beverage