Blue Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1/4 pound blue cheese brie
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 medium onion, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel potatoes and slice thin. If you have a food processor with a slicing blade, your job is easy.
- Place potatoes in baking dish.
- Melt butter in saute or sauce pan.
- Slice onion thin.
- Add a few grinds of fresh black pepper, the salt and onion to the melted butter, sauteing until soft.
- Add in cream and blue cheese brie, constantly stirring to incorporate just until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened.
- Pour over potatoes and cover dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour, until potatoes are soft.