- 1/2 teaspoon butter, salted*
- 3 blood oranges – juice 2 & 1/2, save remaining 1/2 for garnish
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat small frying pan or sauce pan over medium heat.
- While pan is heating juice 2.5 blood oranges. Don’t strain out the pulp.
- Melt butter in pan until edges are just browned.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar and add to pan.
- Immediately add blood orange juice and whisk together.
- Heat to bubbling and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring almost constantly and scraping the sides.
- *If using unsalted butter add the tiniest pinch of salt.
- Refrigerate leftover sauce.
- Category: Condiment
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 92