Black Bean and Zucchini Quinoa Salad can be served as a cold salad or heated up. It’s perfect as a side dish, a main course at lunch, or a potluck dish and offers something a little different than your average salad recipe. Plus it’s ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 (15/16 oz. cans) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 TBS. oil
- 2 medium-sized zucchini (approx. 3 – 4 cups, diced)
- 1 small red onion (1 – 1 and 1/2 cups, diced)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro (approx. 1/4 cup rough chopped)
- 2 limes
- 1 tsp. salt + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 5–6 oz. feta
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Heat oil in medium-large skillet over medium heat.
- Dice onion and add to skillet. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- Dice zucchini to approximately 1/4 inch cubes.
- Once onion is slightly softened, add zucchini, salt, and pepper to skillet and turn burner up to medium/high.
- Once quinoa is done cooking per directions, transfer to a bowl and toss with black beans.
- Roughly chop cilantro and add to onions and zucchini when zucchini is mostly soft.
- Stir vegetable mixture complete with any cooking liquid into the quinoa and beans.
- Squeeze in juice from one lime and stir.
- Stir in the feta.
- Taste. Add the juice from another 1/2-1 whole lime as desired. Add a little more salt as needed, but use a light hand as the feta adds saltiness to the dish.