I love finding ways to make meals that are budget friendly, healthy, and a family hit. If you have kids, or a pickier husband, you know this is not always the easiest job on the planet. One way to make the main entree more budget friendly is to go meatless or find ways to stretch it a little farther. Since we live on an incredibly tight budget but try to buy our meat grass fed and/or organic, I need to make our meat stretch as far as possible. My Black Bean and Salsa Meatloaf is a huge hit and a great way to get those fiber and protein packed beans into your family’s diet. Besides being healthy, black beans are a very inexpensive staple, especially when you cook them yourself.Print
- 1 pound ground meat of choice
- 1 16 ounce can black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse, drain, and mash beans.
- Mix well with burger.
- Mix in 1/4 cup salsa.
- Press into baking dish – 9×9 – 11×11
- Spread remaining salsa over top.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until done.
Serves 2 adults and 3 kids.
- Serving Size: 4
More Black Bean Recipes
Save Money and buy dried black beans: Slow Cooker Black Beans